Car crashes are the #1 killer of young adults in America, and for every person killed in a car crash, about 100 more are injured. Per 100,000 population, persons 21-to-24 years old had the highest fatality rate and the highest injury rate nationwide in 2021 (1).
You are the solution!
Start the U in the Driver Seat program in your school. Created in 2012, as the first peer-to-peer program for college students that focuses solely on traffic safety and addresses all of the major risks:
The program is available to schools, in various locations, at no cost. We give you the science, guidance, and project resources to implement a successful program. The rest is up to you to create and sustain an awesome program at your school.
- You can help reduce the risk of injury and death among your friends when you speak up
- You have a voice and your friends listen to you
- You can learn life skills of effective communication and leadership
- You can connect to friends, your school, and your community
- Peer helpers have more credibility and a better understanding of teen concerns and pressures
- You can learn to be an effective role model
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts https://cdan.nhtsa.gov/tsftables/tsfar.htm#