Join the U in the Driver Seat All-Stars and win cash for your group. Every hard-working team has a chance to win cash and be recognized as a 1-star, 2-star, 3-star, 4-star or 5-star school. Each level has a different cash value and requires your team to complete an activity from different risk topics, such as impaired driving, distracted driving, speeding, pedestrian safety and more.
When your team reports your completed activities, we’ll track your overall progress and post a Tracker throughout the year so you know what more you will need to do as a UDS All-Star. The UDS All-Star tallies close April 28, 2023. See complete rules, below.
Report everything you do and take pictures! Below is a handy list of ways you can qualify for All-Stars. Good Luck!
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO REMEMBER
- To earn full credit for UDS All-Star Activities an Event/Activity Form must be submitted with an attached sign-in sheet(s) OR a one-time signed Administrator Verification Letter. We must confirm attendance for the event, start and end time, and the planning hours.
- Activities for different risk topics should be reported to qualify for each star level. Risk topics include:
- Distracted Driving (cell phones, young passengers, etc.)
- Nighttime/Drowsy Driving
- Speeding/Street Racing
- Seat Belt Use
- Impaired Driving (alcohol or drugs)
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Safety
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (Respect the Rig)
- Railroad Safety
- All sign-in sheet(s) must be submitted to TTI – U in the Driver Seat by the deadline.
All-Star Rules and Criteria
TIMEFRAME: April 2, 2022, through April 28, 2023
SURVEYS ARE REQUIRED
Have your team members complete the annual UDS team survey and receive a $50 team reward after confirmed delivery. Surveys are required to be eligible for the UDS All-Star Rewards. Contact your regional rep for survey link or paper format.
(No Activity Form Required)
TO JUMP AN ALL-STAR LEVEL A DIFFERENT RISK TOPIC MUST BE COVERED
The activities below are grouped by risk topic. These are suggested activities that qualify under each topic, but schools may report unique activities/events as well. Remember, a risk activity will only count once to jump a star level.
For example, your team did the survey and conducted an impaired driving outreach activity. You reported the impaired driving activity to UDS and became a 2-star school but reporting another impaired driving activity will not jump you to a 3-star school. You must conduct an activity on a different risk topic, like speeding, and report it to UDS to jump to 3-star.
IMPAIRED DRIVING ACTIVITY IDEAS
HOST A MOCKTAIL PARTY – UDS provides a mocktail kit with coasters
DRUGGED DRIVING PREVENTION – Utilize the UDS Drugged Driving Toolkit with a printed memory card game or the UDS online social media toolkit.
GIVE A PRESENTATION on responsible drinking and driving and hand out flyers to attendees.
Other impaired driving outreach and activities will be accepted and reviewed for credit by UDS staff.
DISTRACTED DRIVING ACTIVITY IDEAS
ZERO HERO! Observation Activity – Complete and return pre- and post-observation data by the deadline and earn $50 Gift Card Reward.
(No Activity Form Required)
YOU IN THE DRIVER SEAT MOBILE APP – Criteria is met for every 5 students at a school that reaches 1,000 points within the app. The school must be an active school with U in the Driver Seat.
(No Activity Form Required)
Other distracted driving outreach and activities will be accepted and reviewed for credit by UDS staff.
SHARE THE ROAD ACTIVITY IDEAS
COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE (CMV) EVENT – Host an event with an 18-wheeler at your school or utilize the Respect the Rig materials in the UDS Resource Kit and online.
PEDESTRIAN AND/OR BIKE SAFETY OUTREACH – utilize the materials provided in your UDS resource kit and online.
RAIL SAFETY OUTREACH – utilize the materials provided in your UDS resource kit and online
Other Share the Road activities will be accepted and reviewed for credit by UDS staff.
OTHER ACTIVITY AND OUTREACH IDEAS
The activities below can cover all risk topics including Distracted Driving (cell phones, young passengers, etc.), Nighttime / Drowsy Driving, Speeding / Street Racing, Seat Belt Use, Impaired Driving (alcohol or drugs), Pedestrian/Bicycle Safety, Commercial Motor Vehicle (Respect the Rig) and Railroad Safety.
HANG POSTERS, BANNERS & FLYERS – Utilize the printed materials provided in your resource kit for campus and community awareness.
HOST TRIVIA – Utilize the UDS Kahoot! Trivia on various risk topics. Contact your regional rep for a unique link.
(No Activity Form Required)
POST SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGING – Utilize a UDS social media toolkit or create your own safety messaging on a risk topic and post it to social media. Make sure you tag us @UDriverSeat.
BUILD PARTNERSHIPS – Partner with another student organization on your campus, supporting them to do safe driving outreach (i.e. biking groups, clubs, greek life). UDS will provide the gift card (if activity allows) to your partner organization for hosting an activity.
HOST A UDS LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP – Invite UDS staff to train your team on traffic safety topics and how to conduct meaningful outreach to create a traffic safety culture on your campus.
PLAY LEARNING GAMES – utilize the materials provided in your UDS resource kit, such as the Bottles-to-Bottles and STOP! Stack the Blocks card game.
RESERVE HANDS-ON RESOURCES – make outreach interactive by utilizing a hands-on resource from UDS, like a VR headset, Distract-A-Match, Smash Match, Marijuana Kit, Drunk Driving Kit, and more. Contact your regional rep for details.
- U in the Driver Seat® 2023 All-Stars is open to all Texas and Nebraska program schools.
A program school is a college that has completed an order form and received a resource kit for the 2022-2023 school years.
- To be recognized in an All-Star category, program schools must complete:
- 5-Stars ($1,000 total): Complete Annual Surveys AND 4 activities, each on a different risk topic.
- 4-Stars ($750 total): Complete Annual Surveys AND 3 activities, each on a different risk topic.
- 3-Stars ($500 total): Complete Annual Surveys AND 2 activities, each on a different risk topic.
- 2-Stars ($250 total): Complete Annual Surveys AND 1 activity, each on a different risk topic.
- 1-Star ($50 total): Complete Annual Surveys
- Participation in the U in the Driver Seat Annual Survey is required to be considered an All-Star school and receive cash.
- Credit for activities completed online or within the school or community will be awarded upon the submission of an Event/Activity Form. It is the responsibility of each school to submit its activity forms.
- For the U in the Driver Seat 2023 All-Stars, teams will have the opportunity to earn credit for the academic year of 2022-2023 beginning April 2, 2022.
- The final deadline to submit activities to qualify as a U in the Driver Seat All-Star is April 28, 2023.
- All entries, activities, and submitted photographs may be used to advance and support the U in the Driver Seat Program or the Texas A&M Transportation Institute.
- The Texas A&M Transportation Institute is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, or delayed activity forms or entries towards credit.
- The Texas A&M Transportation Institute reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel or modify all or part of the contest at any time without notice.
- For Texas colleges, it is the responsibility of the school to monitor credit (updated monthly on the leader board), verification letters, or sign-in sheets and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the U in the Driver Seat staff before the deadline.
- U in the Driver Seat reserves the right to change any of these rules.
- All decisions are final.
- For all schools, to earn full credit for UDS All-Star Activities each Event/Activity Form must be accompanied by a student sign-in sheet(s) OR a signed letter from the Principal or Superintendent (download) confirming attendance for the event, start, and end time, and for the planning hours leading up to the event. All letters and sign-in sheet(s) must be submitted prior to the deadline. Sign-in sheets or confirmation letters may be submitted as an attachment within the Event/Activity form, mailed, faxed, or emailed to TTI – Teens in the Driver Seat, 1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 605, San Antonio, TX 78213, Fax: 210-979-9694, Email: [email protected]