Getting the U in the Driver Seat program started at your school is simple and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Step 1) Pick the team:
- Pick your U in the Driver Seat team. There should be 10 to 12 members, which will be responsible for spreading the driving safety messages. The team leaders can be an existing school group, such as a peer team, or form a new group. Anyone can be a part of U in the Driver Seat and it’s a great community service project.
Step 2) Contact us:
- Let us know you are ready to get started and we can help you with ordering a starter kit.
Step 3) Spread the word:
- Plan activities to help spread safe driving messages.
- Give out the provided educational items to remind students about safe driving and hang up posters around campus to reach as many students as possible.
- Stay connected with us through Facebook (U in the Driver Seat), Twitter (@be_the_dude), and Instagram (@be_the_dude) and here online to share activity ideas and get information.
Step 4) Keep the program going:
- Plan activities for the entire school year and even during the summer, during orientation and other school events.
- Hold regular team meetings to stay on track and look for new activity opportunities.
- At the end of the school year, recruit new leaders and plan a date to get together for the next year.