Zero Hero (formerly Zero Crazy!) is an activity that includes a pre-observation, 3 weeks of activities/messaging, and a post-observation. Observations are done to get a picture of the problem and to see if your team made a difference. It’s fun and your team gets rewarded! You have the semester to complete Zero Hero and as long as we get everything back by the due dates, we’ll send your team a $50 gift card and your team will be awarded All-Star credit!
UDS All-Star credit is awarded for completing both observations and returning them, plus you get your normal credit when you complete activities and report them. Once everything is completed and returned your team gets a $50 gift card to celebrate your accomplishments.
Zero Hero Dates
The Zero Hero activities distracted driving observations can be done during any semester and must be completed by April 1, 2023, for All-Star credit.
Once you begin the activity, the entirety should be completed in 6 weeks and activities (being the hero) should focus on the activity message of distraction-free driving.
Steps to Complete Zero Hero
1) Sign up and watch for the instruction email – Once you complete and submit the form below, you will be emailed the observation forms and instructions.
2) Zero Hero (pre-observations) – Perform field observations at your school by observing real driving behavior and counting risky behaviors ( distracted driving) (pre-observation).
3) Encourage Hero Behavior – Do some activities around your school for a full three weeks to let these drivers know the risk they are taking, and encourage Hero behavior.
4) Zero Hero (post-observations) – Perform another field observation to see how if the risky behavior has shifted (post-observation).
5) Pizza Party Like a Hero – Return all your field pre- and post-observations to TTI and we’ll send you a $50 gift card so you can party it up like a Hero! We’ll also award your school 15 UDS All-Star credit for completing the activity and send you back a report so you can see how your school did compared to other schools.
Who can participate?
Any active (2021-2022) U in the Driver Seat program school. If you are not currently active, it’s easy to do! Visit our Toolkit Order webpage to activate: https://www.u-driver.com/toolkit-order/
When can our team expect the gift card?
After the activity has ended, we will request the gift cards (patience with our business office 🙂 ).
Sign Up for the Zero Hero Activity Now!
UDS Zero Hero Distractions Sign Up