Zero Hero (formerly Zero Crazy!) is an activity that includes a pre-observation, 3 weeks of activities/messaging, and a post-observation. You have the semester to complete the activity and as long as we get everything back by the due dates, we’ll send your team a $100 gift card and your team will be awarded 15 All-Star points! In the fall we take on seat belts and in the spring, it’s distracted driving. Observations are done to get a picture of the problem and again to see if your team made a difference. It’s fun and your team gets rewarded!
UDS All-Star points are awarded for completing both observations and returning them, plus you get your normal points when you complete activities and report them. Once everything is completed and returned your team gets a $100 gift card to celebrate your accomplishments.
Zero Hero Dates
Spring ’21 (distracted driving) can be done during the SPRING semester and must be completed by April 1, 2022 for All-Star points.
Steps to Complete Zero Hero
1) Sign up and watch for the instruction email – Once you complete and submit the form below, you will be emailed the observation forms and instructions.
2) Zero Hero (pre-observations) – Perform field observations at your school by observing real driving behavior and counting risky behaviors (lack of seat belt use, distracted driving, and distracted walking) (pre-observation).
3) Encourage Hero Behavior – Do some activities around your school for a full three weeks to let these drivers know the risk they are taking, and encourage Hero behavior.
4) Zero Hero (post-observations) – Perform another field observation to see how if the risky behavior has shifted (post-observation).
5) Pizza Party Like a Hero – Return all your field pre- and post-observations to TTI and we’ll send you a $100 gift card so you can party it up like a Hero! We’ll also award your school 15 UDS Cup Points for completing the activity and send you back a report so you can see how your school did compared to other schools.
Who can participate?
Any active (2020-2021) U in the Driver Seat program school. If you are not currently active, it’s easy to do! Visit our Toolkit Order webpage to activate: https://www.u-driver.com/toolkit-order/
When can our team expect the gift card?
After the activity has ended, we will request the gift cards (patience with our business office 🙂 ).
Sign Up for the Zero Hero Activity Now!
UDS Zero Hero Distractions Sign Up