By Avery Delgadillo
We have all seen the viral videos of road rage incidents. The videos drop your jaw in shock or earn an honest laugh at how preposterous the behaviors can be.
The reality is that road rage can go from 0 to 100 real quick and the consequences are no laughing matter. In order to continue being a safe driver practice avoiding any unnecessary altercations and never instigate aggression in other drivers. This means try to avoid doing the following:
- Don’t ride someone’s tail – leave enough space for the unexpected to happen.
- Avoid cutting off drivers – be respectful on the road.
- Leave a gap – if a car needs to merge into the lane… let them in and don’t be petty.
- Keep your eyes on the road – don’t be the person holding up everyone at a green light because you’ve been texting since it has been red.
- Move to the right to let others pass – let them get the speeding ticket and keep obeying the speed limit.
- Avoid angry gestures that might trigger aggression in others.
We are all well behaved adults, so lets act like that when driving. Be respectful because that is how you would want someone else to treat your loved ones on the road. If any altercation comes about while on the road, call 9-1-1 immediately.
Stay level headed, friends.
Source: NRSF. Aggressive driving awareness campaign.