National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week is October 20-26, 2014!
Here is the perfect opportunity to spread the word about the dangers of impaired driving. Below are some simple activities you and your team can do to:
- Download and print FREE impaired driving posters from the Posters and Digital Banners page:
- Post these in common areas like college bulletin boards, classrooms, restrooms, rest areas, dorm common areas, and food areas.
- Share these posters and digital banners on your university or club social media pages, emails, newsletters, and television messaging areas.
- Contact your local UDS regional rep to reserve our pedal kart, drunk goggles and impaired driving simulator:
- Using the pedal kart and drunk goggles, create a drunk driving obstacle course in your school. Have students try it out between classes and hand out driving safety messaging after each try.
- Contact your local or university police department for class presentations:
- Talk to your professors and organization sponsors about having a presentation on the matter during class time.
- Organize a presentation opportunity in common areas during heavy traffic hours (IE: Lunch, between classes, break)
- Coordinate and organize an alcohol free event at your dorms:
- Organize a free movie, concert or pool party at your university dorms.
- Make sure there is free food. Everyone loves free food.
- Spread the message about alcohol abuse and the dangers of impaired driving.
- Invite your dorm administrators, police, and resident assistant to present about the dangers of impaired driving.
The best way to spread the word about the dangers of impaired driving is to keep messaging fun, simple, and blast it everywhere. The more times everyone sees the message, the more likely they will remember it.