As a team, create a video that addresses the issue of impaired driving. This year’s theme is “TEAM Up to Be the DUDE!” Get creative and raise awareness about drunk and/or drugged driving by college-aged students.
Thanks to our generous partner, TEAM Coalition will reward the first place team and runner-ups!
You have one week to create your video OR plan to videotape when in San Antonio for the Symposium!
Video Contest Rules
- All person(s) in the video entry must complete a video release form found here, or copies will be provided at the Symposium registration table.
- Produce a 30-60 second video with the theme, “TEAM Up to Be the DUDE.”
- Post your final video by 12:00 p.m. Saturday, April 27th on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram). You must tag, @be_the_dude AND mention your school name to get engagement points towards your final score.
- Email your final video (MP4 or WMV) to [email protected] or send a Google Drive link for download by 12 PM Saturday, April 27.
- Only one entry per college will be judged. Entry is open to UDS teams that attend the 2019 UDS Symposium.
On Saturday, April 27, the judging will take place after 12 p.m. The videos will be judged based on originality, by how well you stick to theme and message, and a tally of social media engagements (max 50 points). Winners must be present to receive their prize.
If you have any questions, please email Gracie Martinez at [email protected] You may also find her, in person at the 2019 Symposium.
- Your social media profile MUST BE PUBLIC for UDS to follow and count the number of post engagements.
- Social media post engagements include, likes and shares.
- Be the DUDE stands for Be the Designated Unimpaired Driver Extraordinaire.
- Make sure we know what school you’re from when posting on social media.
- Bring your phone and any special editing software/apps you may need.
- See winning videos from last year, here.>>>
- If music is needed, use free sounds from Sound Cloud. https://soundcloud.com
- Keep the message focus for college-aged viewers. Always think about your end audience. We need your voice to spread the message about safe driving.
- Submit entries in highest quality practical.
- Gruesome or gory entries do not fare well in judging and are not encouraged. Think positive safety messaging.
- Winning videos will be available for downloading and sharing. Please keep this in mind when creating.
- Information on copyright, go to https://www.videomaker.com/article/c15/15953-9-copyright-laws-every-video-producer-should-know
- All entries become property of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI) and all or part of your entry can be used to advance and support the U in the Driver Seat Program or the Texas A&M Transportation Institute.
- The Texas A&M Transportation Institute is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected or delayed entries.
- The Texas A&M Transportation Institute reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, suspend, cancel or modify all or part of the contest at any time without notice.
- U in the Driver Seat reserves the right to change any of these rules and/or prizes.
- All decisions are final.